What is Film Insurance?
Film insurance protects your production company and/or individual film project from any possible liabilities that may happen during filming.
As there are various categories of films, such as low budget short films, feature films, commercials, documentaries and more.There are many different types of insurance coverage and policies offered to filmmakers.
Film production insurance is purchased by a producer or the owner of a production company. The purchasing of film insurance for a particular film project will take place during pre-production.
What is covered?
Film Insurance covers aspects such as:
- Cast-Death, illness, injury, sickness, disease or kidnapping covered for cast and crew members.
- Production media-Covers a broad range of media, Protection against physical damage, accidental and faulty perils.
- Liability-. Bodily Injury and Property Damage during filming.
- Expenditure incurred as a result of delay due to mechanical -breakdown of generators, camera, lighting, sound and grip equipment covered as standard
- Property-Range of property covered including cameras and production equipment, props, sets and wardrobes, office contents, action vehicles and library stock
What should you know?
Protection is available for either individual film projects or a slate of productions.Although some insurers are adding exclusions for COVID-19 or contagious diseases to existing policies when cast members get medical exams.
In order to reduce their own liability, many documentary producers have begun asking participants and crew members to sign liability waivers, often including these in crew deal memos and on-camera participant release forms.
How a Cast Injury Could Ruin the Future of a Film?
Joining the filmmaking industry is getting a bit easier with the increase in technology and movies being filmed on phones. It is inspiring to all filmmakers worldwide. Especially with the Oscars passing this week, more and more producers are investing in creative projects to inspire the industry. Although creating a visual project comes with risks. There is a range of things that could go wrong when filming, whether a small or big project. One of these risks includes cast injuries- when a crucial member of the film is injured during filming. This case study will explain how a cast injury [...]
How To Practise Safety On Set To Avoid Filming Risks?
Creating any film project takes hard work, the right talent, staff and management. These factors are crucial for [...]
Hong Kong Film Festival: How to Get Nominated Next Year?
March is a big month for movies/films, with international and local film events. In Hong Kong, two film-related [...]
What Risks Does the Cannes Film Festival Face?
Movies, films, motion pictures- many ways to describe the visual entertainment that we enjoy and get lost in. Films [...]