Our website address is: https://www.redasiainsurance.com.
Red Asia Insurance Agency Limited, incorporated in Hong Kong with registered office situated at Room 2301 Bayfield Building 99 Hennessy Road Wanchai, with the following company number: 63530513-000-07-20-3 and Hong Kong Insurance Authority License: FA2375.
1. Data collection
Who collects your data?
Your Data is collected by Red Asia Insurance Agency Limited, its qualified employees in their capacity as data controllers. We respect privacy and we are committed to complying with all applicable personal data privacy laws and regulations.
Kinds of personal data collected
In order for us to provide You with the best service possible, we need to collect the following data:
– For all people to be covered by a personal line insurance policy:
o Name (first, middle, and last).
o Birth Date
o ID information
o Contact information
– For company looking for business line insurance policy:
o Insurance and claims history
o Company details (Name, BR)
o Contact details (Phone number, address, email)
o Employee salary record such as MPF or payroll history
o Financial data when come to financial line insurance product
o Preferences related to the purchase of insurance products and services
Concerning the use of our website:
Information is collected through channels that are different from your intentional channels, but openly available for us to collect. Such as: location, traffic and IP addresses.
Main Purposes of Processing Collected Personal Data
Red Asia Insurance Agency Limited uses this data in order to provide the best service and the best quote for You.
We use your data to subscribe, amend, arrange, renew, audit insurance policy.
We may also use your non personally identifiable data for analytical purposes.
Data Protection Principles
All processing of personal data shall be conducted according to the data protection principles as follows:
– Personal data must be processed lawfully, fairly and transparently.
– Personal data can only be collected for specific, explicit and legitimate purposes.
– Personal data must be relevant and limited to what is necessary for processing.
– Personal data must be accurate and kept up to date with every effort to erase or correct.
– Personal data must be kept in a form such that the data subject can only be identified if it is necessary for processing.
– Personal data must be processed in a manner that ensures the appropriate security.
How is your data collected?
The required personal information is voluntarily registered by you and is voluntarily submitted to us by you. Such information is assumed to be accurate as the data belongs to you or the person you intend to register for.
Your data may be collected through various means:
– Insurance quote forms
– Application forms from the insurer
– Telephone calls and in-person verbal communication
– Text messages (SMS, WeChat, WhatsApp, Facebook, and other chat/messaging apps).
– Online forms
Concerning the use of our website:
We take reasonable security measures to protect the security of your personal information. Despite our efforts to protect your personal information, there is always some risk that an unauthorized third party may find a way around our security systems or that transmissions of your information over the Internet may be intercepted.
The security of your personal information is important to us.
Where applicable legal requirement demands specific consent must be obtained before we can process personal data including conducting direct marketing, we will ensure that such specific consent will be clear, explicit and specific. We will make sure that you are fully aware of the types of personal data collected and the purpose of the such usage.
Rights of the Data subjects
Red Asia Insurance Agency Limited respects that You have the following rights about your data processing and which data is recorded about You. You have the right to:
- Request for access regarding the nature of information held and to whom it has been disclosed.
- Prevent processing likely to cause damage or distress.
- Prevent processing for purposes of direct marketing.
- Be informed about the mechanics of automated decision-making process which will significantly affect You.
- Not have significant decisions that will affect You taken solely by automated process.
- Sue for compensation if You suffer damage by any contravention of the applicable privacy and other laws.
- Take action to rectify, block and erase including the right to be forgotten or destroy inaccurate data.
- Request the supervisory authority (eg. a privacy commissioner or a data protection officer) to assess whether any provision of the relevant privacy and other laws has been violated.
- Have personal data provided to You in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and the right to have such data transmitted to another data controller.
- Object to any automated profiling which is occurring.
How long will your data be stored?
We will retain your personal information as long as needed to provide you Services. We will also retain your personal information as necessary to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
Under the Personal Data Privacy Ordinance, you have a right to request access to information we hold about you and to rectify, add, update, block and erase your personal data by sending a Letter to Red Asia Insurance Agency Limited, Room 2301, Bayfield Building, 99 Hennessy Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong; or by sending an email to this email address: email@example.com. Please include a copy of your proof of identity.
Please note that we may retain certain data in our archives including for analytical purposes, for recordkeeping integrity, to meet our legal obligations and to exercise, defend or establish legal rights. Please note that We will not retain your personal information for longer than is necessary for our business purposes or for legal requirements.
If You agree to be contacted in connection with marketing operations, You have the right to withdraw your consent at a later time.
With whom we share your data?
Compliance with Law, Regulation, and Law Enforcement Requests
To cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with law, we may release personal information to third parties: (1) to comply with legal requirements such as a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena or court order; (2) when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request; or (3) in special cases, such as in response to a physical threat to you or others, to protect property or defend or assert legal rights. In addition, we may disclose personal information as described below.
We do not share your data with third-party companies.
We do not share your data with external websites.
What is a cookie?
Cookies are files sent by web servers to web browsers and stored by the web browsers. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables a web server to identify and track web browsers.
There are two main kinds of cookies:
– Session cookies are deleted from your computer when you close your browser.
– Persistent cookies remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach their expiry date.
Which cookies does our Website use?
We use the following cookies on this website, for the following purposes:
· Cookie XSRF-TOKEN
This cookie helps with website security in preventing Cross-Site Request Forgery attacks.
· Cookie hs and Cookie svSession
These are essential cookies that enable you to move around the website and use its features.They are session cookies that are being deleted when you close your browser.
We use the following third parties cookies on this website, for the following purposes:
· Cookies _ga et _gid – Google analytics
We uses Google Analytics to analyse the use of this website. Google Analytics generates statistical and other information about website use by means of cookies, which are stored on the users’ computers. The information relating to our website is used to create reports about the use of the website. The information is sent to and stored by Google on servers in the United States.
· Cookie _fbp – Facebook
Used by Facebook to deliver a series of advertisement products such as real time bidding from third party advertisers.
How can You choose to accept or block cookies on your computer?
You can accept or block cookies directly on your computer through your browser’s toolbar. You can choose to block all the cookies or only specific ones and you can chose to delete them manually. However, by doing so, please note that it might impair the website from working correctly.
Here are the ways to manage cookies regarding your browser preference:
- For Internet Explorer™: open the Tools menu, and then select Internet options; next, click the Privacy tab, and then click the Advanced button to choose your cookie preferences,
- For Firefox™: click the Firefox button, and then click Options; next, click the Privacy panel, and then choose your cookie preferences,
- For Chrome™: open the Chrome menu (the spanner or three horizontal bars icon), and then select Settings; click Show Advanced Settings and then, in the Privacy section, click Content settings and choose the options You want,
- For Safari™: select Safari, then Preferences, and then click Privacy; in the Block cookies section, choose the options You want,
- For Opera™: click the Opera button, and then select the Tools or Settings menu; click Privacy & Security and choose your cookie preferences.
The website www.redasiainsurance.com is published by Red Asia Insurance Agency Limited, incorporated in Hong Kong with registered office situated at Room 2301, Bayfield Building 99, Hennessy Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong, with the following company number: 63530513-000-07-20-3 and Hong Kong Insurance Authority License: FA2375.
Director of publication: Augustin REDIER
Version: November 2021