QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
1. Finding the insurer and the product that best fits to your actual needs.
The insurance broker acts as agent of its client. As such, we will implement our expertise and market knowledge to identify your specific risks to be covered and find the most suitable offer and the best value either you are a freight forwarder, shipping company, trading agent…
2. Saving time and money.
Working with an insurance broker allows you to benefit from saving time and significant money whatsoever in choosing a contract of insurance or tracking it during its existence.
You will save considerable time and you will not pay more than working directly with the insurance company.
3. Having a consistent supply between your various insurance.
Independent professional quickly identifies deals available in the market in line with your needs and optimizes the chances to find the best policy that suits with your needs.
The insurance broker has the perspective and knowledge to ensure that the various assurances which you subscribe do not overlap.
4. Negotiating a custom-made contract.
In certain situations with complex legal and financial arrangements, your broker can negotiate a custom-made contract.
When collaboration resulted in the purchase of an insurance contract, the customer will not pay any money to the broker. The insurance company will pay a commission to him as for any other policy subscribed.
5. Defending your interest during the existence of the contract and when claims occures.
The job of your insurance broker does not end with the signing of the policy. He will also monitor and ensure compliance with its clauses. He may also make proposals to the client when he identifies better offers on the market or provide assistance to termination.
In case of claim, the broker will support you and defend your interest with the insurance company. Go through an insurance broker here yet allows the customer to save valuable time and increase his chances of the settlement of the claim.
Insurance of the Liability
It is the contractual responsibility of the carrier and it is compulsory whenever it assigns a transport carrier. In case of damage, the carrier liability is regulated and limited by international conventions.
- The carrier who has admitted taking over the goods in good condition got a presumption of liability.
- It can be reduced by remarks on the carrier transport document (poor condition, packing default, missing…)
- Transport conventions enact many cases of exemption and limitations of liability
- Unless fraud, value of declaration, declaration of special interest in delivery, willful misconduct or gross negligence on his part, it reimburses only a small portion of damaged goods.
Cargo Insurance (Ad Valorem Insurance)
It is an additional contract subscribed by the seller or the buyer (depending of the Incoterm). It guarantees the cargo as a good for its actual value and cover it against loss, damage or delay which may occur during transport.
By sea, according to the policy, it may cover:
- General average: In case of a danger for both the ship and its cargo, for the general interest the captain may be conducted extraordinary expenses or can sacrifice some of the cargo. In such case, the carrier and all those whose cargo have been saved will contribute to the compensa;on of cargo sacrificed and for damages and addi;onal costs incurred by the ship (in propor;on to the value of the goods saved).
- The particular average: only for losses and / or damage to the goods as a result of an event that affects only the interests of the insured.
- The risk of war and similar: those caused by man (war, terrorism, labour disputes, piracy …)
Air Special “all risks” guarantee objects flown and preliminary or complementary transport.
- The guarantee covering the consequences of “characterized events” listed in the contract, or
- The guarantee “all risks” which covers damage, including disappearances and theft.